Location : United Kingdom, n/a
Start Date : October Half Term, Easter and Summer holidays!
The Salary : Competitive rates dependent on role, level of qualifications and experience
We are all about authentic outdoor learning experiences, not the conveyor-belt industrial outdoor education you find at some establishments. We have the children for a full week and use tools such as learning journals to really get the most out of the experiences we offer.
If you want to work for a company that is grounded in offering authentic outdoor experiences and bases their practice in experiential learning, developing their staff to learn new skills, then you've come the right place.
A roaring camp fire, a bell tent, good outdoors-men and outdoors-women as your colleagues and beautiful woodlands and lakes, giving children fantastic survival experiences, what more could you want from a seasonal job role.
A Typical Day in the Job
We believe that our most important asset is our staff, and what we put in to our staff training and develpment shows on camp. If your passion is inspiring children, develop their skills and give them the most memorable time in your care, we want to hear from you. Our team have been running camps for over 25 years, and we know that working on a children's camp is one of the most rewarding things you could do.
With Ultimate Activity Camps, you will create incredible experiences and life long memories for children by delivering quality activities (including Motor Quads, Zorbing and Archery…), and work alongside like-minded individuals in a fun team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment
• Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care
• Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary
• Supervision of children outside of activity times
• At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps
• Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children
• Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
Who are we looking for?
• Qualified in, or working towards a relevant sports coaching, performing arts or primary education qualification, with experience of working with children and delivering activities
• Able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability
• Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp
Someone looking for a challenging, different but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced sports coaches, childcare professionals and activity leaders to work on our non-residential camps.
What we can offer you
• Location: Camps Nationwide
• Seasons: October Half Term, Easter and Summer holidays!
• Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm OR 8am - 6pm weekdays (depending on role).
• Contract: Part-time and full-time opportunities available, flexible around your commitments
• Salary: Competitive rates dependent on role, level of qualifications and experience