with Ultimate Survival
|United Kingdom, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey, West Sussex, Kent, Essex|
|May Half-Term and Summer holidays!|
|£306.40 to £464.20 per week plus holiday pay. Plus additional pay for overnight camp out|
We are all about authentic outdoor learning experiences, not the conveyor-belt industrial outdoor education you find at some establishments. Children have the option to visit us for a full week or just a single day getting involved in a fully immersive narratives to really get the most out of the experiences we offer.
If you want to work for a company that is grounded in offering authentic outdoor experiences and bases their practice in experiential learning, developing their staff to learn new skills, then you've come the right place.
A roaring campfire, a bell tent, good outdoors-men and outdoors-women as your colleagues and beautiful woodlands, giving children fantastic survival experiences, what more could you want from a seasonal job role!
We have camps in a range of location across the south:
A Typical Day in the Job
We believe that our most important asset is our staff, and what we put into our staff training and development shows on camp. If your passionate about inspiring children, developing their skills and giving them the most memorable experience, we want to hear from you. Our team have been running camps for over 25 years, and we know that working on a children's camp is one of the most rewarding things you could do.
With Ultimate Survival, you will create incredible experiences and lifelong memories for children by delivering quality activities (including Fire Lighting, Knife Skills, Axe Throwing…), and work alongside like-minded individuals in a fun team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment
• Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care
• Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Survival Leader and/or parents as necessary
• Supervision of children outside of activity times
• At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival
• Live up to the Ultimate Survival promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival and behaving as a suitable role model for children
• Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
Who are we looking for?
• Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
• Good experience within outdoor education (bushcraft specific) and experience working with children.
• Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning.
• Flexible, team player, with a dynamic approach to problem solving.
• Someone looking for a challenging, but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, as well as the opportunity to further their career in the outdoor education, adventure, and childcare industries.
Someone looking for a challenging, different but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced outdoor educators, childcare professionals and activity leaders to work on our non-residential camps.
What we can offer you
• Location: Camps across South England
• Seasons: May Half-Term and Summer holidays!
• Hours: 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday.
• Contract: Part-time and full-time opportunities available, flexible around your commitments
• Salary: Competitive rates dependent on role, level of qualifications and experience