Location : France,
Start Date : March/April (Flexible start dates available)
The Salary : Competitive Employment Package
Rockley has always put people first, be that any of our thousands of customers or any of our team. What sets Rockley apart is always the fantastic team who go the extra mile for our customers, which is why our customers return year after year and so do our staff.
A Typical Day in the Job
Our Rockley centres in France are based on the beautiful South West coast - with the Atlantic only a stones throw away what better way to spend your summer, working, living and socialising in the sunshine, and enjoying the beautiful beaches and surf towns.
As a senior member of staff you will be required to organise and oversee the running of a variety of sessions, as well as overseeing the running of the centre as a whole on a day to day basis. You will work with other members of the Centre Management Team to ensure management of the activity team provides a safe, well organised, motivated and happy activity environment for clients and staff alike.
Our senior centre staff are experienced instructors with excellent communication skills, are conscientious and can show initiative. You will need to be a hard working, motivated and professional person who will lead by example.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising all courses
- Perform the Senior Instructor role on the water, in the absence of the Activity Manager - teaching a variety of groups from varied backgrounds
- Providing a high level of customer service to all of our clients
- Coordinating evening entertainments for our clients
- Staff Training, Development and Inductions
- Provide advice and assistance to less experienced instructors both on and off the water
- Day Senior - one day a week you will act as day senior meaning you are the most senior person on duty for that day
Who are we looking for?
As a Centre Manager we require you to have:
- Current RYA (or other accepted) First Aid and DBS certificates
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- You will need to be a motivated, flexible and professional person who will lead by example
- You should have experience in managing people of a variety of ages in a number of different roles
- You should be a good communicator, able to deliver information clearly too both individuals and to larger groups of clients and staff
- Good customer service skills are essential
- The ability to speak French would be advantage but not a necessity.
As an Activity Manager or Senior Activity Instructor as minimum you will need to hold one of the following:
- RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Senior Windsurf Instructor
Ideally candidates will also hold one or more of the following:
- UKCC Level 1
- MIAS Level 1
- BSUP Level 1
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
You must hold a full UK driving licence
We require you to have previous experience working in the waterports industry.
What we can offer you
Full board accommodation provided along with paid holiday, staff uniform provision, free kit usage and discounted Rockley accommodation and food for friends and family