Activity Site Manager – Milton Keynes
with Fit For Sport
|Activity Instructor Management|
|United Kingdom, Milton Keynes|
|Recruiting for term time and activity camps all year round|
A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leading provider of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sports Coaching and Childcare provisions. With over 27 years of operational experience, Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting.
Whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or Physical Education career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun – Fit For Sport will have a position for you.
A Typical Day In The Job…
Reporting into the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for taking full ownership of one of our Fit For Sport sites, running Breakfast, Lunch and Extended Club provisions within a primary school setting; you will also be responsible for running a Fit For Sport Activity Camp during school holiday’s, within either a primary school or leisure centre setting.
Alongside your team, you will ensure the site runs smoothly and is compliant will all OFSTED regulations, whilst adhering to the Fit For Sport values and guidelines. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of a wide range of multi-activity sessions in line with the Fit For Sport programme, and ensuring the health and safety of children, clients and your team is met at all times.
Day to Day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Managing your team to ensure the safe and effective delivery of all Fit For Sport provisions within your allocated site
• Delegation of tasks and responsibilities to your Deputy Site Manager and wider site team
• Liaising and providing feedback with/to site staff (school/leisure centre staff) and parents daily
• Plan and deliver a wide range of multi-sport, multi-ability activities
• Carry out promotional work and ground level marketing campaigns
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and inspirational character, with a background in Sports Coaching, Physical Education or Childcare. You will be a confident communicator, with the ability to vary your communication style effectively dependant on the audience you are addressing. This position requires strong attention to detail and organisational skills, with at least six months prior experience at managerial level.
Most importantly, you will possess a passion for all things active! We continue to work hard to enforce our values at every level across Fit For Sport, so it is vital that you are able to adhere to them at all times. The Fit For Sport values are:
- ROLE MODEL
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Qualifications and Experience:
Although not essential, it is highly desirable that you possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum Level 1 Sports Coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (National Governing Body)
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Early Years Educator
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Children and Young People
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Playwork
- Relevant Degree or Higher Education Certificate
- Relevant Physical Education & School Sports Certification
- A minimum of six months in a managerial role/managerial responsibility
What we can offer you
• 50% Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
• Opportunity to complete a Pediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
• Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core
• We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
• 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part-timers)
• You’ll have access to our pension in service schemes
• Access to the cycle to work scheme
• Branded Company Uniform (Kukri) provided free of charge
• Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport; from extensive training and further development opportunities, to allow you to prosper both professionally and personally.
Fit For Sport is the UK’s Leaders with over 27 years' experience in developing children's health and activity levels; to help us change children’s lives today, join our winning team by clicking APPLY NOW!