Activity Deputy Site Manager – Slough
with Fit For Sport
|United Kingdom, Slough|
|Recruiting for term time and activity camps all year round|
A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leading provider of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sports Coaching and Childcare provisions. With over 27 years of operational experience, Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting.
Whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or Physical Education career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun – Fit For Sport will have a position for you.
A Typical Day In The Job…
Reporting into your Activities Manager (Site Manager), you will be responsible for assisting the Activities Manager with the running of your designated Fit For Sport site/s, helping operate a Breakfast, Lunch and Extended Club provision within a primary school setting; you will also be responsible for running a Fit For Sport Activity Camp during school holiday’s, within either a primary school or leisure centre setting.
Working with your Site manager, you will help to ensure the site runs smoothly and is compliant will all OFSTED regulations, whilst adhering to the Fit For Sport values and guidelines. You are expected to be very hands on in your role and will be responsible for leading a wide range of activities suitable for mixed ability child groups, aged between 4 – 12 years old.
Day to Day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist and/or deputise managing the team to ensure the safe and effective delivery of all Fit For Sport provisions within your allocated site
• Create and design a wide range of fun and engaging Multi Sport and Multi Activity sessions
• Plan and deliver a wide range of multi-sport, multi-ability activities
• Carry out promotional work and ground level marketing campaigns
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and inspirational character, with a background in Sports Coaching, Physical Education or Childcare. You will be a confident communicator, with the ability to vary your communication style effectively dependant on the audience you are addressing. This position requires strong attention to detail and organisational skills, with at least 1 year of working in a similar environment, coaching and/or leading Sports or Multi Activity Sessions to children aged between 4 – 12 years old.
Most importantly, you will possess a passion for all things active! We continue to work hard to enforce our values at every level across Fit For Sport, so it is vital that you are able to adhere to them at all times. The Fit For Sport values are:
- ROLE MODEL
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Qualifications and Experience:
Although not essential, it is highly desirable that you possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum Level 1 Sports Coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (National Governing Body)
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Early Years Educator
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Children and Young People
- NVQ Level 2 OR 3 BTEC Playwork
- Relevant Degree or Higher Education Certificate
- Relevant Physical Education & School Sports Certification
- A minimum of six months in a managerial role/managerial responsibility
What we can offer you
At Fit For Sport we realise that hard work and commitment should be rewarded, so we provide our staff with not only a competitive salary, but also:
· Paid Holiday
· Reward and Recognition Scheme
· Family Discount
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Branded (Tailor Made or Kukri) Uniform
· Bonus and/or commission on Marketing activities (role dependent)
· Weekends Off!
· The opportunity to work overtime at special events such as School Sports Days, Athletics Events, Charity Outreach Programmes and Promotional Events
· Most importantly, we support all our staff with a scheduled e-learning in Common Core, Safeguarding, HR, Policies and Processes as well as a full Induction programme, training days and onboarding to help you start your career with Fit For Sport from day one.
Your Career Development
If you wish to take your career one step further, then why not check out our career development schemes with training and development for;
· Paediatric First Aid Course
· Site Manager Training course (fast track development course for those wishing to move into a Management)
· PE – Physical Education delivery
Our experienced and long serving management team who have worked their way through the ranks can support you in meeting your careers goals. Whether you are looking to start an apprenticeship or wanting to become a qualified Physical Education delivery specialist, we can train you, so you make the most of your time with Fit For Sport.