Location : United Kingdom, London
Start Date : Recruiting for term time and activity camps all year round
The Salary : Competitive
A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Join Fit For Sport, the UK’s largest Extended School’s and Active Camp provider as an Activity Site Manager. Reporting to the Regional Management Team you are responsible for managing a Fit For Sport Site either in a School/Leisure Centre or mixed setting, ensuring the site is compliant and operating according to Fit For Sport’s standards, policies and procedures. Along with your team, you will be responsible for the planning and delivering of wide range of multi-activities sessions in line with the Fit For Sport programme, and ensuring the health and safety of children, clients and team is met at all times.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Manage staff to be delivering a safe & effective programme.
• Manage staff to ensure all H & S checks and processes are completed (Complete risk assessment, fire evacuation, accident forms, incident forms, etc.)
• Ensure communication with parents is effective.
• Ensure communication with partner is effective (school head, leisure contact, etc.)
• Ensure site is compliant using the FFS compliance checklist.
• Ensure staff adhere to policies & procedures at all times.
• Print child registers and supporting documents and ensure they are completed in line with policies & procedures.
• Complete child not on registers and follow the process when required.
• Ensure staff sign in and out.
• Manage staffing levels/on site rota and ensure staff are utilised/deployed effectively, and ensure absences/lateness are reported to the coordinator.
• Ensure base room and welcome area are set up appropriately.
• Ensure safeguarding processes are followed in line with policy & procedures.
• Ensure complaints are dealt with effectively in line with policy & procedures.
• Observe staff and give feedback during activity sessions.
• Hold staff meetings with site team.
• Mentor & short training of staff.
• Ensure staff know how many children they have (headcount) and update as children arrive/leave.
• Complete pre camp check list.
• Complete equipment/resource inventory.
• Induct new staff onto site.
• Ensure excursion/trip policy is followed when going off site.
• Use site credit card to order food & resource in line with FFS processes.
• Manage staff to ensure food preparation/tidy up is completed in line with FFS standards.
• Use the bookings (workpepper) system when required.
• Use site phone and site email in line with policy & procedures.
• Ensure confidential information is handled/stored/used in line with policy & procedures.
• Complete staff performance management (1:1’s, appraisals, etc.) in line with company standards.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Attend staff training.
• Ensure site is operated in line with budgeted costs for staffing, equipment/resource & food.
• Plan activities.
• Deliver activities (can include, multi sports, games, arts & craft, downtime, structured play, etc.)
• Review & reflect on delivered activities.
• Complete H & S documentation (Accident Forms, Incident Forms, etc.) where required.
• Complete or input into completion of daily camp/extended planner.
• Complete PE planning documentation (Year plan, U Plan & Z plan) when required.
• Use resources on TeamTalk to assist with all planning.
• Inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
• Supervise children in line with policies & procedures.
• Where sites have swimming, run activities from/in the swimming pool.
• Follow behaviour management policy.
• Give feedback to parents.
• Complete or have input into completing H & S documentation (risk assessment, safety check, fire evacuation, opening/closing checklist, etc.)
• Ensure activities are age and ability appropriate and are using the equipment and space safely.
• Ensure activity areas and walkways/access points are clear and safe for parents, staff & children.
• Ensure first aid is administered effectively (when appropriate qualification has been completed).
• Supervise children who require the toilet in line with policies & procedures.
• Supervise children changing for swimming in line with policies & procedures.
• Ensure your documentation is on site in line with compliance/OFSTED requirements.
• Maintain knowledge of FFS policies & procedures and implement them where appropriate.
• Supervise children while they are eating effectively and support children where required.
• Prepare & serve food in line with standardised menu and policies & procedures.
• Tidy away food and clean up (washing dishes, sweeping floor, wiping tables, etc.)
• Carry out promotional work or promote services to parents/children.
• Internal: Regional Manager, Deputy Regional Manager, Regional Coordinator, Deputy Site Manager, Activity Leaders, Activity Assistants, General Staff
• External: Teaching/School Personnel, Parents, Children
Who are we looking for?
Who we are Looking for?
A naturally outgoing, enthusiastic, individual with exceptional interpersonal skills who is passionate about sharing the benefits of an active lifestyle. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with an approachable manner combined with the ability to prioritise your workload and possess exemplary attention to detail. Highly organised, you will possess a strong work ethic and a confidential nature, always maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism. You will possess the discipline to follow strict systems and processes but have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and workflows. You will understand and be able to demonstrate your qualities as a role model illustrating your ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a small team.
We are a fun team that value, respect and trust the input of our team members at all levels as we help set children on a journey to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Person Specification (assessed via Application, Assessment Centre or Interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD), or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your personal qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exits in other areas.
• Strong interpersonal skills, confident, outgoing & fun (E)
• Highly Motivated. Passionate and Enthusiastic (E)
• Role Model to others (E)
• Professional, Reliable & Trustworthy (E)
• Respects and Values Others (E)
• Passionately promote a healthy lifestyle (E)
• Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
• Ability to cope under pressure (E)
Skills and Abilities:
• Customer Service/Customer Centric (E)
• Highly Organised/ Planning Skills (E)
• Problem Solving/Objection/Complaint Handling (E)
• Ability to follow Systems & Processes Accurately (E)
• Literate/numerate (E)
• Strong IT Skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite especially Outlook and Excel (HD)
• High Level of Attention to Detail (E)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (E)
• Ability to work independently under own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent diction with English spoken fluently (E)
• Good Telephone Manner (HD)
Qualifications & Safeguarding:
It is highly desirable (HD) that you present one of the following although this is not essential.
• Level 1 Coaching - (Any Sport) (HD)
• NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Early Years Educator (HD)
• NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Early years Educator (HD)
• NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Children & Young People (HD)
• NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Children & Young People (HD)
• NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Playwork (HD)
• NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Playwork (HD)
• Football Association Level 2 or Higher (HD)
• Cricket England or Wales Cricket Board Level 2 Coaching or higher (HD)
• Rugby (league or Union) RFL Coaching level 2 (HD)
• 1st for Sport - Level 2 NGB Award - (Any Sport) (HD)
• Safeguarding Awareness (HD)
• 1st for Sport - Level 2 Supporting the Delivery of PE & School Sports (HD)
• 1st for Sport - Level 3 Supporting the Delivery of PE & School Sports (HD)
• Active IQ - Level 2 Leading Health Related Activity Sessions (HD)
• Active IQ - Level 2Certificate in Delivering Behaviour Management & Physical Activity to Under 5's (HD)
• Active IQ - Level 3 Supporting the Delivery of PE & Schools Sport (HD)
• Sports Leaders - Level 2 Activity Leadership Intermediate apprenticeship (HD)
• University Degree - Physical Education (HD)
• University Degree - Sports Science (Specific modules Req'd) (HD)
• PGCE - with experience in in a PE, Physical Activity or Sports Coaching (HD)
• QTS - with experience in in a PE, Physical Activity or Sports Coaching (HD)
• First Aid (HD)
• Peadatric First Aid (HD)
• Full, Clean, UK Driving License Over 21 Years Of Age (HD)
• Food Hygiene Certifcate (HD)
• Relevant / Transferable Work Experience (E)
• People/Team Management/Supervisory Experience (HD)
• Previously Worked in Similar Role Based Environment (HD)
• Experience gained within an activity, Summer Camp or Schools (HD)
What we can offer you
At Fit For Sport we realise that hard work and commitment should be rewarded, so we provide our staff with not only a competitive salary, but also:
· Paid Holiday
· Reward and Recognition Scheme
· Family Discount
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Branded (Tailor Made or Kukri) Uniform
· Bonus and/or commission on Marketing activities (role dependent)
· Weekends Off!
· The opportunity to work overtime at special events such as School Sports Days, Athletics Events, Charity Outreach Programmes and Promotional Events
· Most importantly, we support all our staff with a scheduled e-learning in Common Core, Safeguarding, HR, Policies and Processes as well as a full Induction programme, training days and onboarding to help you start your career with Fit For Sport from day one.
Your Career Development
If you wish to take your career one step further, then why not check out our career development schemes with training and development for;
· Paediatric First Aid Course
· Site Manager Training course (fast track development course for those wishing to move into a Management)
· PE – Physical Education delivery
Our experienced and long serving management team who have worked their way through the ranks can support you in meeting your careers goals. Whether you are looking to start an apprenticeship or wanting to become a qualified Physical Education delivery specialist, we can train you, so you make the most of your time with Fit For Sport.