A Typical Day in the Job
You will be directly managing your team of instructors creating the best possible environment on camp. If you're passionate about inspiring children, developing their skills and giving them the most memorable experience, we want to hear from you. Our team have been running camps for over 25 years, and we know that working on a children's camp is one of the most rewarding things you could do.
With Ultimate Survival, you will create incredible experiences and lifelong memories for children by delivering quality activities (including Fire Lighting, Knife Skills, Axe Throwing…), and work alongside like-minded individuals in a fun team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly manage a team of instructors selected for you, to ensure they deliver the quality of care and standard of outdoor education activities expected at Ultimate Survival Camps.
• Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to on Camp, and implement new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children, promoting their welfare
• Liaising with Head Office regarding escalated issues, updates and queries.
• Act as a point of contact for parents on Camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues arising on camp.
• Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
• Take a pastoral role on camp, supporting and caring for children throughout the week.
• Supervision of children outside of activity times.
• Point of contact to Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp.
• At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival Camps.
• Live up to the company promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
• Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc.)