Lead Outdoor Learning Instructor
with Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning
|Activity Instructor Paddlesports|
|England, Borders of Essex and East London|
|As soon as possible after appointment|
Lambourne End deliver tailored, bespoke programmes. We deliver programmes that support young people's personal development from a wide range of adventurous, farm and environmental activities.
We are flexible in our approach to ensure we meet group and individual needs. This is built on our ethos and reputation for being inclusive, believing in people's potential, and helping them to fulfil it.
A Typical Day in the Job
The role of the Lead Outdoor Learning Instructor is varied and exciting and requires flexibility and adaptability throughout the day. Each day begins with a short briefing with the rest of the staff team. After briefing the lead instructor will take responsibility for setting up the activities and checking equipment ready for the day’s sessions.
The Lead Outdoor Learning Instructor is a good role model, modelling the delivery of outstanding activities and personal development programmes to groups from a diverse range of backgrounds. They will help the Adventurous Activities Co-ordinator to ensure that the rest of the Activity Staff are well trained and competent, and run all sessions in a safe manner using areas and equipment that are well maintained and safe.
When not delivering sessions the Lead instructor will organise training sessions, complete equipment checks, assist with site maintenance and development and plan personal development sessions and D of E expeditions. No two days are the same, but each day will be rewarding for the right candidate for this role. This is a great opportunity for an experienced instructor to take on more responsibility and develop their leadership skills.
Who are we looking for?
Suitable candidates should have:
• Adventurous Activity experience
• A minimum of 3 NGB coaching qualifications preferably including Mountain Leader with RCI or Paddle Sports coach at Level 2
• Experience or interest in integrating adventurous activities in to wider personal development or outdoor learning programmes
• A commitment towards helping young people to achieve their potential
• Experience of dealing with a range of challenging behaviours and complex needs
• Experience of working with people with additional needs
• Possess a strategic vision for developing, delivering and growing adventurous activity provision at the Centre
• Cultural sensitivity and commitment to Lambourne End's Equal Opportunities Policy
What we can offer you
You'll help to shape the future of the charity by developing new activities and have the opportunity to gain experience of other outdoor learning activities on our farm and gardens.
The team at Lambourne End enjoy the benefits of working in a beautiful rural environment while on the doorstep of London (the nearest Underground station is 2.3 miles away, and you can be in Central London in under 30 minutes).
There is the possibility of accommodation on site being available if needed.
25 days Annual Leave, Pension scheme (Employers contribution 4%), Life Insurance and Time off in lieu.