Multi Activity Outdoor Instructor - Seasonal
with Ultimate Adventure Centre
|United Kingdom, Bideford, North Devon|
|Mid March 2020|
|Paid - dependent upon qualifications and experience|
We have some great activities that are not available anywhere else in the area, such as the Ultimate Assault and Frisbee Golf. We also have a fantastic range of accommodation types which mean we are great for famililes, groups of friends, sports tours or school/college residentials. We are able to offer tailor-made packages to suit the needs of our customers and can be very flexible in what we are able to offer to make their visit or stay the most enjoyable possible.
A Typical Day in the Job
A typical day in this role includes the meeting and greeting of our fantastic customers who can include school residential trips during the week with visitors aged between 5 - 17 or families to sports tours or stag and hen groups visiting the centre over the weekends and holidays.
We offer a number of different activities which include our Awesome4some which includes climbing wall, 2 x levels of high ropes, jacobs ladder and a leap of faith. We also have our Ultimate Assault which is land and water-based assault course, as well as on-site stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, as well as archery and rifle shooting.
Instructors will be required to deliver a number of quality on-site and off-site outdoor activities, learning experiences and sessions on a daily basis. Therefore, being responsible for providing excellent levels of customer service at all times. During every shift the Instructors must ensure the health and safety and safeguarding of all our users, this is paramount. When Instructors are working with residential groups they are expected to deliver residential experiences which include pastoral care as well as assisting with meal times/cafe duties. We like to ensure that our customers have the best experience during their visit or stay. Therefore, it is important for all Instructors to be energetic, motivated and friendly. We all work together as a team to ensure that everyone has a great time.
Before, during and after activity sessions it is the Instructors responsibility to set up and packs down the equipment and activities used. It is also their duty to ensure that all participants are safe and are taking part in accordance with the centre's health and safety requirements. Instructors will also help ensure the safe running of the site through kit care and kit logs.
During a typical day, Instructors need to be approachable, flexible and able to deal with change. Each day is different which is what keeps it interesting. Instructors get to meet some great people every day and they are an important part of helping customers enjoy their time at the centre and to help customers make some fantastic memories to take home.
Who are we looking for?
To be suitable for this role, you should:
• have the ability to communicate effectively with young people and adult.
• have the ability to motivate others and to work well in a team.
• be confident, proactive, resilient, be able to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
• be efficient and organised with the ability to lead others.
• hold one or more of the following NGBs: CWA, CWAA, SPA, LLA (or higher), MIAS, 1 or 2 Star,
FSRT, BCU Level 1 Coach, RLSS Beach Life Guard, Level 2 or 3 Childcare, Forest School and/or Bush
• have previous experience working in a similar role or environment, is desired.
• hold a valid and recognised First Aid qualification.
• have exceptional customer service skills
• he able to safeguard the wellbeing of young people and vulnerable adults
• love solutions, not problems
• have your own transport is essential, due to our location
The position is rota based covering weekdays/weekends, bank and school holidays. We have full time and zero-hour positions available. Full-time contracts will be based on annualised hours.
Due to the nature of the position and our clients, we would require you to complete our own application form, successful candidates will need to complete an enhanced DBS application (we will fund this). Applicants must be over 18.
What we can offer you
• Hourly pay dependent upon qualifications and experience but at least in line with current minimum
• Centre training provided.
• Gain experience in a busy outdoor adventure centre that offers a number of outdoor activities to a
range of customers.
• Meet and work with some fantastic people.
• Have the beautiful area of North Devon to explore on your days off. The Centre is a 10 minute drive
from the nearest local beach. We also have Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks which are about a 1
hour drive away.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1427 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Ultimate Adventure Centre). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849