NCS Leader/Multi Activity Instructor
with Ultimate Adventure Centre
|United Kingdom, Bideford, North Devon|
|Paid - dependent upon qualifications and experience|
We have some great activities that are not available anywhere else in the area, such as the Ultimate Assault and Frisbee Golf. We also have a fantastic range of accommodation types which mean we are great for famililes, groups of friends, sports tours or school/college residentials. We are able to offer tailor-made packages to suit the needs of our customers and can be very flexible in what we are able to offer to make their visit or stay the most enjoyable possible.
A Typical Day in the Job
A typical day as an NCS Leader would involve working with our NCS groups who visit as part of their Phase 1. NCS Leaders instruct on a number of activities which include our Awesome4 some, which entails visitors making their way around our 2 levels of high ropes, climbing wall, Jacobs Ladder and leap of faith. As well as instructing on the Ultimate Assault, Orienteering, wilderness/bushcraft, Mountain Boarding as well as on Archery and Rifle shooting. Your day will also include offering assistance on evening activities and also sometimes assisting at mealtimes.
Alongside the NCS Leader role, you may also work as a Multi-Activity Instructor which would involve meeting and greeting of our public visitors who include families visiting for the day, to sports tours or stag and hen groups staying over the weekends and holidays.
As an NCS Leader or Multi-Activity Instructor you would be required to deliver a number of quality on-site and off-site outdoor activities, learning experiences and sessions on a daily basis. Therefore, providing excellent levels of customer service at all times. During every shift ensuring the health and safety and safeguarding of all our users is paramount. We like to offer our customers the best experience during their visit or stay. Therefore, we like to have an energetic, motivated and friendly team where we all work together to ensure everyone has a great time.
Before, during and after activity sessions it is the Instructors responsibility to set up and pack down the equipment and activities used and ensure that all participants are safe and are taking part in accordance with the centre's health and safety requirements. Instructors will also help ensure the safe running of the site through kit care and kit logs.
During a typical day, you will need to be approachable, flexible and able to deal with change. Each day is different and you will meet some great people and get to help them make some fantastic memories of their time at the Centre.
Who are we looking for?
To be suitable for this role you will need to:
* be outgoing, motivated, have excellent time keeping skills and be highly organised.
* be customer-focused and be able to work well as part of a dynamic professional team.
* Have the ability to communicate effectively with young people and adults and have great
* be engaging, proactive and energetic with a proven ability to lead and supervise a range of visiting
* be proactive, resilient, be able to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
* Have the ability to motivate others and to work well in a team.
* hold one or more of the following NGBs: CWA, CWAA, SPA, LLA (or higher), MIAS, 1 or 2 Star, FSRT,
BCU Level 1 Coach, RLSS Beach Life Guard, Level 2 or 3 Childcare, Forest School and/or Bushcraft qualifications.
* have previous experience working in a similar role or environment.
* hold a valid and recognised First Aid qualification.
* be able to safeguard the wellbeing of young people and vulnerable adults
* love solutions, not problems
* have your own transport is essential, due to our location
The position is rota based covering weekdays/weekends, bank and school holidays. We currently have zero-hour positions available. Due to our location, access to your own transport is essential.
Due to the nature of the position and our clients, we would require you to complete our own application form, successful candidates will need to complete an enhanced DBS application (we will fund this). Applicants must be over 18.
What we can offer you
• Hourly pay dependent upon qualifications and experience but at least in line with current minimum
• Centre training provided.
• Gain experience in a busy outdoor adventure centre that offers a number of outdoor activities to a
range of customers.
• Meet and work with some fantastic people.
• Have the beautiful area of North Devon to explore on your days off. The Centre is a 10-minute drive
from the nearest local beach. We also have Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks which are about a 1
hour drive away.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1428 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Ultimate Adventure Centre). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849