with Donegal Adventure Centre
|Activity Instructor Watersports Management|
|1st March 2020|
We offer a tailored experience to our customers and have a return rate of over 70% every year.
A Typical Day in the Job
This is a great opportunity for the right person to take on a key leadership role within a centre that offers a range of water and land activities for schools, youth groups, adult groups, families, residential summer camps, hens/stags and private groups.
You will be an excellent communicator with group leaders and colleagues when planning the activity programmes. You will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the centre, leading the team and managing the activity instructors.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to help grow the centre’s offerings and expand into different markets. The Operations Manager will report directly to the owner.
Please note the role requires evening and weekend work.
Donegal Adventure Centre is a quality provider of Outdoor Education and Language School. The centre also offer’s Surf Instructor and Beach Lifeguard courses.
We operate year-round with a wide variety of different groups including youth groups, primary schools, secondary schools, college and adult groups. The Centre accommodates 150 people and employs 20 instructors during peak season.
Our land activities include:
» Map reading and orienteering
» Forest Adventure
» Team Exercises
» Climbing Wall
» Obstacle Courses
» Team Challenge
» High Ropes Course
Our water activities include:
» Canoeing and Kayaking
» Cliff Jumping
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in adventure centre management
• Experience in setting up, planning, running and developing activities.
• Excellent people skills – experience in managing staff and groups.
• Ability to plan ahead including staff training, staff and group schedules.
• Good administration skills - ability to maintain paper work, IT skills, and implement policies and procedures.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about working in the outdoors.
• NFQ Level 5 (or equivalent) in outdoor education/leisure discipline
• Driving Licence (D1 desirable)
• Valid First Aid certificate
• Level 3 Safeguarding (desirable)
• All outdoor qualifications are desirable and will be taken into consideration
What we can offer you
Flexible working hours
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1433 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Donegal Adventure Centre). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849