with Xplore The World
|Activity Instructor Watersports Paddlesports Climbing Mountain Bike|
|United Kingdom, Various sites across the UK, full list on application form|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
|£309.60 - £418.56 per week less optional accommodation|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
Deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions to Xplore participants on activities. We will train you up to gain National Governing Body awards for such activities as Archery and Climbing and you will also complete in-house training for many more activities to give you a wide range of skills.
Who are we looking for?
• Be passionate about working with children and young adults.
• Attend internal and external training courses organised by Xplore.
• Support children in non-activity time with their needs.
• Be friendly and enthusiastic.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and enforce these.
• Supervise excursions and ensure groups leave/ arrive on time, as well as ensuring entrance times are met.
• Take responsibility for an activity area that you are competent in and ensure that Xplore guidelines are adhered to.
• Be able to oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults, under your instruction.
• Be flexible with working hours of the day to meet the demands of the job and willing to go ‘that extra mile’
• Supervise activities, which you will be trained and assessed in so you are able to lead.
• Be familiar with all the statements in the site specific Xplore Health & Safety Policy Statement and Company Culture.
• Plan appropriately for the activities that you are timetabled for.
• Follow the systems in place for equipment management and record keeping.
• Protect and conserve all properties belonging to the company.
• At least once per week carry out the duties for ‘Duty Day’
• Check communal rooms and external facilities;
• Supervise the orderly conduct of meals;
• Patrol the building after lights out to ensure all the children are settled;
• Secure the building;
• Report any incidents to senior staff.
• Assist any person requiring medical treatment or refer to a qualified First Aider.
• Assist in the changeovers for the arrival and departure of children in whatever capacity is required.
• Report any accident or near miss occurrence.
• Report faults on machinery, activity equipment, fabric of the building and vehicles.
• Assist in the checking and maintaining of activity equipment according to In-House training.
• Assist in the moving and takedown of equipment to and from Centres when necessary.
• Gaining satisfactory DBS clearance.
What we can offer you
All on site meals, Wi-Fi and washing facilities will be included in the subsidised accommodation package. You will work in a great atmosphere with a variety of amazing people to mix with. We encourage staff bonding so you gel as a team and work well together. We want you to enjoy your time with us just as much as the students we have on site. The recruitment process is easy, simply apply and if you're want we're looking for we'll arrange a Skype at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further with you.