with Xplore The World
|Activity Instructor Watersports Paddlesports Climbing Mountain Bike|
|United Kingdom, Various sites across the UK, full list on application form|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
|£309.60 - £418.56 per week less optional accommodation|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
The Camp Leader is an integral part of Xplore as you will be the main contact for the international and English residential campers, and will help them with their daily routine, making sure they arrive for their activities, meals, and excursions, whilst they have a great experience making friends and enjoying residential life at camp. To gain employment you will have to successfully complete our in-house training.
Who are we looking for?
• Have the sole focus of ensuring the very best holidays possible for residential individual language and activity camp bookings.
• Create an on going atmosphere in the camp by running events, games, tournaments to include all the clients and establish a united vide
• Be responsible for the pastoral care of all residential individual language and activity camp bookings.
• Be responsible for an allocated group of residential individual language and activity camp bookings.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
• Be available to the students all the times.
• Be the contact person for parents on arrival and throughout their stay (phone calls, emails, blogs and such like).
• Be involved in airport pick-ups each arrival/departure weekend.
• Join in with, and helping students during their activity sessions.
• Be responsible for ensuring students are awake and conduct night duty on rotation, to ensure good behaviour and that all students are happy.
• Complete any tasks asked of by the Senior Camp leader.
• Work alongside the Centre Manager in emergencies and to take students to the hospital or doctors if required.
• Organise and join in on excursions.
• Be a positive influence and make contributions to the Xplore team and help out when needed to provide the very best holidays.
• Attend the centre morning meetings.
• Attend Staff training in Hamburg or induction week in England.
• Be very organised and have a good level of English.
• Be computer literate & able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Be committed, caring, funny but also consistent, assertive and responsible attitude.
• Gain a satisfactory DBS clearance.
What we can offer you
All on site meals, Wi-Fi and washing facilities will be included in the subsidised accommodation package. You will work in a great atmosphere with a variety of amazing people to mix with. We encourage staff bonding so you gel as a team and work well together. We want you to enjoy your time with us just as much as the students we have on site. The recruitment process is easy, simply apply and if you're want we're looking for we'll arrange a Skype at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further with you.