with Xplore The World
|Activity Instructor Watersports Paddlesports Climbing Management|
|United Kingdom, Various sites across the UK, full list on application form|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
The Centre Manager will oversee the execution of company standards to ensure effective operations on site.
Who are we looking for?
• Have a valid first aid certificate & Safeguarding
• Hold industry based qualifications and organisations
• Have a Health and Safety qualifications.
• Be experienced in Language programme provision
• Demonstrate varied leadership and managerial skills
• Be computer literate
• Be able to communicate using varying methods
• Have proven planning & organisational skills
• Have the ability to apply and monitor delegation of tasks.
• Be able to manage client and venue expectations
• Be adaptable
• Be a positive role model
• Be standards Driven
• Be flexible to meet the demands of the job.
• Be able to understand, meet and exceed company and clients’ expectations
• Gain satisfactory DBS clearance.
• To ensure regular checks to ensure required standards are being upheld in areas such as staff performance, activities, equipment, etc.
• To ensure completion of activity assessments (where applicable) and personal reviews of staff to ensure enthusiasm, motivation, safety and quality standards are being met in areas you have been signed off to assess.
• Coordinate an effective and happy staff team
• Direct, motivate and control staff in accomplishing their job descriptions.
• Focus staff on the enjoyment of the children throughout their stay.
• To delegate liaison with HR on any staff problems or disciplinary issues,
• Any additional duties that may be required to maintain a quality service.
Health, Safety and Security:
• In accordance with Company documentation, to oversee the Health, Safety and Security of anyone on site under our responsibility, and make the necessary ‘day to day’ and long term safety decisions to apply at your centre.
• Evaluate, maintain and communicate emergency and fire procedures at your centre to all staff and clients.
• To ensure the recording of near misses, accidents and safety issues in accordance with Xplore processes.
• To feed back to head office any suggestions, amendments or safety critical incidents or near misses.
• To assist and coordinate treatment of any person requiring medical help.
• To coordinate an initial crisis action plan.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
Financial and progression:
• To administer and monitor the on site petty cash system.
• Progress the training of staff under your control.
• Monitor and suggest areas or critical and ideal investment.
• Constantly evaluate programme development and content to meet client needs and expectations.
• Focus on personal development within the company.