with Xplore The World
|Activity Instructor Watersports Paddlesports Management|
|United Kingdom, Various sites across the UK, full list on application form|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
|£433.92 per week less optional accommodation|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
The Chief Instructor will oversee and facilitate any aspect of programme delivery, whilst ensuring the highest standards throughout the Staff team.
Who are we looking for?
• Uphold and loyally represent decisions and policies of the company
• Oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults, on site.
• Be customer facing and ensure that any client requests or needs are met.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
• Attend internal and external training courses organised by Xplore.
• Ensure completion of specified paperwork
• Feedback safety issues to Centre Manager as they occur
• Resolve and action safety issues as required
• Assist in the development of programmes and ensure delivery is in line with company standards, operating documents and relevant risk assessments.
• Be responsible for the on-site equipment management
• Ensure that consumable equipment is replenished and broken/damaged equipment is reported to the Centre Manager.
• Ensure an extremely high standard of personal, staff team and site image and presentation
• Have over-all responsibility for on-site session and induction training.
• Ensure that sessions are being delivered to the highest standard in line with company procedures.
• Keep accurate records of on-going observations, reviews and feedback
• Keep in conjunction with other Chief Instructors and develop a catalogue of free-time activities
• Ensure that all free-time activities are structured and delivered to a very high and safe standard.
• Report faults on machinery, activity equipment, fabric of the building and vehicles. To assist in the checking and maintaining of equipment.
• Remain approachable for all staff
• Be the point of contact for all delivery staff
• Create and promote a personal development programme for each staff member
• Organise staff meetings and coordinate input from other senior staff
• Assist any person requiring medical treatment, or seeking professional help.
• Strive for exemplary performance at all times and support the company ethos.
• Ensuring continued personal development through delivery of sessions.
• Deputise for the Centre Manager as required
• Have evidence of several industry specific NGB’s
• Extensive experience of programme delivery.
• Equipment management, Training, Safeguarding and Welfare, Staff Management
• Industry based qualifications and organisations e.g. NPLQ, BCU, MLTE, GNAS, NSRA, AALA.
• Be able to demonstrate skills in People, Review and Observation, Facilitation, Leadership, Computer literate
• Adaptable, a positive role model, passionate and standards driven, friendly and enthusiastic and are willing to go ‘that extra mile’
• Gain satisfactory DBS clearance.
What we can offer you
All on site meals, Wi-Fi and washing facilities will be included in the subsidised accommodation package. You will work in a great atmosphere with a variety of amazing people to mix with. We encourage staff bonding so you gel as a team and work well together. We want you to enjoy your time with us just as much as the students we have on site. The recruitment process is easy, simply apply and if you're want we're looking for we'll arrange a Skype at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further with you.