Lego Robotics Instructor
with Xplore The World
|Activity Instructor Watersports Paddlesports Climbing Mountain Bike|
|United Kingdom, Various sites across the UK, full list on application form|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
|£393.60 - £418.56 per week less optional accommodation|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
We are looking for an experience Lego Robotics Instructor who will be responsible for applying prescribed lesson plans, and delivering enjoyable Robotics classes to students at our successful Centres in the UK over summer. To gain employment you will have to successful complete our in-house training.
Who are we looking for?
- Have experience in Lego Robotics
- Be able to create Robotics lesson plans to ensure the students are engaged
- Oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults participating in Robotics.
- Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
- To liaise with Centre Manager and Training Manager and visiting group leaders in order to structure the classes suitably and consistently.
- To prepare lessons for the duration of the allocated Robotics time (in relation to the group programme where possible and when time allows). This must take into account the variety of resources available.
- To carry out lessons according to your pre-arranged plan.
- In every hour there must be a break of 10 minutes for the students.
- To allocate textbooks and other teaching resources to the students and ensure their safe return upon completion of the course.
- Computer literate
- Proven planning & organisational skills
- Ability to apply and monitor delegation of tasks
- To award students a Certificate of Attendance at the end of their last lesson or the Anglia awards certificate if they have passed a module.
- To ensure that class discipline is of a high standard, and to seek the support of management staff if there is a problem dealing with one or more of the students.
- To assist any person requiring medical treatment to get to a qualified First Aider.
- To report any accident or near miss occurrence.
- To be familiar with all the statements in the site specific Xplore Health & Safety Policy
- Statement and to observe safe working methods
- To contribute to the continual evaluations and improvements of Xplore lessons.
- Positive role model
- Standards driven
- Flexible to meet the demands of the job
- Be able to understand, meet and exceed company and clients’ expectations
- Gain satisfactory DBS clearance
What we can offer you
All on site meals, Wi-Fi and washing facilities will be included in the subsidised accommodation package. You will work in a great atmosphere with a variety of amazing people to mix with. We encourage staff bonding so you gel as a team and work well together. We want you to enjoy your time with us just as much as the students we have on site. The recruitment process is easy, simply apply and if you're want we're looking for we'll arrange a Skype at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further with you.