Location : UK, UK / South East / South West
Start Date : Please ask for details
The Salary : Course Leader, £461.38 - £531.58 per week. Course Instructor, £348.06 - £464.65 per week (Dependant on qualifications and experience) Accommodation include at no extra cost!
We are all about authentic outdoor learning experiences, not the conveyor-belt industrial outdoor education you find at some establishments. We have the children for a full week and use tools such as learning journals to really get the most out of the experiences we offer.
If you want to work for a company that is grounded in offering authentic outdoor experiences and bases their practice in experiential learning, developing their staff to learn new skills, then you've come the right place.
A roaring camp fire, a bell tent, good outdoors-men and outdoors-women as your colleagues and beautiful woodlands and lakes, giving children fantastic survival experiences, what more could you want from a seasonal job role.
A Typical Day in the Job
1. Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
2. Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
3. Ensure all policies and procedures on the courses are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
4. Help to set up The Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
5. Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week and during the weekly camp-out.
6. Supervision of children outside of activity times.
7. Point of contact to Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp
8. Manage the weekly Camp Out
9. Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance etc.)
Who are we looking for?
• Strong leader management skills, with willingness to lead by example
• Looking for a varied and challenging fun seasonal role as well as the opportunity to further their career in the Outdoor Education, Adventure, Childcare and Coaching industry.
• Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual that is passionate about working with and developing children through adventurous activities.
• Experience in delivering a range of outdoor opportunities/ activities for young people
• Effective team leadership skills in an outdoor setting
• Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning
What we can offer you
Ultimate Survival - 'Course Instructor'
£348.06 - £464.65 per week including accommodation (Dependant on experience and qualifications).
Ultimate Survival - 'Course Leader'
£461.38 - £531.58 per week including accommodation (Dependant on qualifications and experience)
Hours: 0800 - 1800 Monday to Friday (plus being on duty, on site, for one night a week during Camp Out)
If you would like to apply for this role, please visit
*16hr Outdoor first aid qualification offered to all staff.