Location : UK, Hampshire
Start Date : 2019
The Salary : Apprenticeship
We believe in creating memories that last a lifetime.
Our staff are dedicated to providing a high quality, friendly and personable service.
Our skilled team of activity instructors play a large role in the success of the centre, supporting and encouraging individuals to realise their potential and develop essential life skills.
We invest in our staff and offer an extensive apprenticeship programme to ensure that visitors receive a high quality service, whilst also enabling individuals to grow and develop within the industry.
Sessions are tailored to meet learning objectives and can all be linked to the National Curriculum.
A Typical Day in the Job
Based in the stunning New Forest National Park, each year UK Youth recruits 6-8 enthusiastic apprentices who train to deliver a huge range of activities and Outdoor Learning programmes to a wide variety of groups including: schools, youth groups, disability groups and many more....
With support from our team, you will be taken through an intense period of training, gaining new skills, qualifications and confidence before you start delivering high quality sessions in activities such as; abseiling, archery, climbing, low ropes, high ropes, team building, problem solving, watersports and many more…
Our Apprenticeship programme is the perfect starting point if you’re considering a career in the outdoor, leisure or education industries.
Who are we looking for?
You do not need to have any experience to apply for this role.
You will need:
- To have a passion for inspiring young people
- To have an interest or previous experience of outdoor activities (no qualifications needed)
- Plenty of energy, commitment and enthusiasm as well as the ability to confidently communicate to others
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from those that have completed a degree.
What we can offer you
By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have received the following training.
- Archery GB
- BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue Training and UKCC Level 1 Coaching Paddle Sport
- ERCA Ropes Instructor
- First Aid at Work
- Plus a range of in house qualifications, training and experience.