Location : Australasia, New Zealand
Start Date : Jan, Feb, March, June, Aug, Sept intakes
The team at Pure Exploration are everyday people, helping people have extraordinary experiences. We think real travel isn’t just about box-ticking guidebook recommendations or Instagram shots, it’s about authentic experiences spent with new friends who inspire you to think about the world and yourself in new ways.
A Typical Day on this Course
On every adventure traveller’s bucket list, New Zealand’s awe-inspiring mountains, beaches and vast landscapes won’t disappoint.
From technical skills to emergency safety and group dynamics, this comprehensive course includes actual industry work experience. It will prep you with all the skills needed to pass your guiding qualifications and feel confident to guide groups. Work experience and adventure tourism industry networking round off this awesome three month adventure based in adventure paradise, Queenstown!
This Queenstown-based program specialises in the following guiding disciplines:
You’ll love arriving into Queenstown – it’s a great place for hiking mountains, swimming in lakes and rivers, pub crawls, live music, locals food and drink specials, frisbee golf and fireside chats. Queenstown is filled with an exciting mix of backpackers, ski seasonnaires, outdoor enthusiasts and local legends.
While this is an Adventure Guide Internship, it's not all about the outdoors and outdoor pursuits. There will be cultural activities and exchange; sightseeing and touring; personal development; community and social events; free time and plenty of opportunity for exploration.
Whether you are looking for a stepping stone into the adventure tourism career pathway as a guide, or just an awesome educational opportunity to live and work in the most amazing places on earth, the Pure Exploration Adventure Guide Internship is an epic, constructive, and rewarding way to spend 3 months based in awesome Queenstown!
Who are we looking for?
* English Language Fluency
* Be 18 years or older at time of commencement
* Moderate fitness is recommended. All professional development and training is provided
* Have a passion for travel, adventure, & tourism
* A desire to accept challenges, a thirst for knowledge, a love of outdoor activities or for our natural environment
* Be a social team player that enjoys helping others discover adventure!
Note spaces on this program are extremely limited, as work placements are held with tourism operators for limited staff numbers.
What we can offer you
* 12 week adventure tourism training and qualification program based in Queenstown, New Zealand
* 12 weeks accommodation and 8 weeks meals (the last 4 weeks self-catered)
* Employer networking opportunities and paid work placements available
* All technical equipment, program related transport & travel
* Qualified & experienced technical instructors
* Pure Exploration Certificate of Adventure Guiding
* 2 x NZ Outdoor instructor association leader qualifications (hiking + rock climbing or canyoning or kayaking or riverboarding)
* Pre-hospital emergency care qualification
* Swift Water River Rescue Level 1 Certificate
* Modules on guiding and leadership skills, critical incident management & technical skills
* Live, learn, socialise and join the thriving resort community of Queenstown
Or find out more...