Location : Asia, Central America, South America, CHINA, LAOS, THAILAND, ECUADOR, GALAPAGOS, PERU, NEPAL, NORTHERN INDIA
Start Date : January & June intakes annually
The team at Pure Exploration are everyday people, helping people have extraordinary experiences. We think real travel isn’t just about box-ticking guidebook recommendations or Instagram shots, it’s about authentic experiences spent with new friends who inspire you to think about the world and yourself in new ways.
A Typical Day on this Course
In this program, you'll develop extensive guiding skills and qualifications specialising in altitude and steep terrain, learn wilderness medicine and get crucial developing world leadership experience as you travel the globe learning your trade.
The program is broken into 3 modules that focus on different key areas to build your repertoire of skills and experience. Each module builds on the one before - as the program progresses so will your skills; your proficiency as a global traveller and your confidence to lead others.
The itinerary itself also progresses into more challenging global regions, continuously immersing you in learning experiences and developing key global adventure guiding skills.
There is no other program in the world that specifically trains expedition guides in such an immersive way.
THE ULTIMATE EXPEDITION
We created this program as an immersive learning experience, where the assessment occurs naturally during everyday experiences, your proficiency will grow as the program itself gets progressively more challenging.
The itinerary was chosen specifically to complement each stage of the training. As the level of skill required increases, the destinations chosen will simarly become more challenging; with language barriers, logistic challenges or poor infrastructure.
You’ll leave this program confident in your global guiding skills, able to arrive to any destination, assess prospective issues and succeed in running an awesome expedition.
Who are we looking for?
* English Language Fluency
* Be 18 years or older at time of commencement
* Moderate fitness is recommended. All professional development and training is provided
* Have a passion for travel, adventure, & tourism
* A desire to accept challenges, a thirst for knowledge, a love of outdoor activities or for our natural environment
* Be a social team player that enjoys helping others discover adventure!
Note spaces on this program are extremely limited, as work placements are held with tourism operators for limited staff numbers.
What we can offer you
* 3 month expedition leader training and qualification program
* Dynamic, immersive course that progresses with each new destination
* Focus on mentorship & learning through shared experiences
* Qualified & experienced technical instructors and a program manager hosting in all countries
* Low student - instructor ratio (1:6) for personalised learning
* NZ Outdoor Leadership Qualifications (completed internationally)
* International Wilderness First Aid & First Responder certificates
* Accommodation and most meals provided all program
* All technical equipment, program related transport & travel (except your flight to and from home)
* Gain experience in adventure travel management, expedition/travel medicine, youth work, peer leadership, high alpine/steep terrain/swift water management, leading others above 5,000m, supported and unsupported trek management
Advert has expired
Sorry, this listing is no longer available. Please check below for current vacancies from this company, or use the menu above to discover similar vacancies from similar companies.